config.h namespace clashes

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Sat Feb 28 17:23:35 EST 2004

The inclusion of the GHC made config.h in HsFFI.h makes it extremely
difficult to use autoconf with ones own projects without dealing with
horrible name clashes everywhere. Is there some way this can be fixed?
perhaps pre-generating the HsFFI.h.

although I don't think it is stated explicitly by the FFI report, I would
assume that HsFFI.h should not clash with anything that doesn't start
with Hs, hs_ or HS_.

also, it would be good if config.h could be renamed to something like
ghc-config.h, because otherwise the conflict between the names can hide
bugs where you get the incorrect config.h or make it tricky to get at
the GHC one if it is actually the one you want.
        John