GC behaviour in GHC

Carsten Schultz carsten at codimi.de
Mon Feb 23 15:59:30 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 08:43:56PM -0300, Nivia Q. wrote:
> I'm a Computational Engineering student in the University of
> Pernambuco (Brazil). In my research, I'm working with applications
> written in Haskell , where time is a critical factor. But there is a
> pretty high GC overhead I can't understand . Can someone indicate
> some paper or reference about the GC behaviour in GHC?

Just let me add to the good answers that before understanding GC
behaviour, it is important to understand the space behaviour of a
program.  I think that it is possible that your problems are more in
this area.

Greetings,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:38, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://carsten.codimi.de/