GC behaviour in GHC

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun Feb 22 12:07:42 EST 2004

niviaquental:

>    Hello, GHC users,
>
>    I'm a Computational Engineering student in the University of
>    Pernambuco (Brazil). In my research, I'm working with
>    applications written in Haskell , where time is a critical
>    factor. But there is a pretty high GC overhead I can't
>    understand . Can someone indicate some paper or
>    reference about the GC behaviour in GHC?

Well, I know of a couple:

The workings of the incremental garbage collector:
        http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/Papers/inc-gc.htm

The runtime system document also mentions GC:
        http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/papers/run-time-system.ps.gz

There are probably more references at:
        http://www.haskell.org/ghc/documentation.html

-- Don