Placement of OPTION pragmas

Juanma Barranquero jmbarranquero at laley.wke.es
Thu Sep 18 17:10:41 EDT 2003

A very small nitpick:

> OPTIONS pragmas are only looked for at the top of your source files,
> upto the first (non-literate,non-empty) line not containing OPTIONS.

Why doesn't "non-empty" include comment-only lines?

I usually start source files with the equivalent of:

-- My Program                                                         --
-- Author: Me                                                         --
-- Copyright (C) 2003 By Me                                           --

and currently {-# OPTIONS ... #-} must be before the header...

                                                                Juanma