package treating

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 23 14:13:37 EDT 2003

> > > By the way, I somehow lost the way to the  Postscript file  of the
> > > GHC User Guide, how does one get it?
> >
> >   http://www.haskell.org/ghc/documentation.html
> >

> With  .ps,  I sometimes print the Manual to the paper, to book.
> Say, print the pages 1 -- 300.
> I do not know how to do this with .html.
> I can convert some small part to .ps when viewing .html.
> But it is desirable to be able to convert it  all  to one  .ps
> file.
> I am sorry for the ignorance, but does .html replace fully .ps ?

The postscript is available from the link I gave you.  Here's a direct
link:

  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/users_guide.ps.gz

> On last reliable GHC version
> ----------------------------
> For any occasion:
> it is good to always keep available on public the latest reliable
> GHC version.
>
> For example, the DoCon program failed (so far) with ghc-6.0.1,
> due to the gc bug in ghc.
> And the DoCon Installing guide  says:
> "it was tested for  ghc-5.02.2 ...".
> At least, DoCon user should be able to download and install this
> ghc-5.02.2   (in this particular case, I suspect, 5.04 fits).

We keep all previous GHC distributions available onlin.   Version 5.02.2
is still available here:

  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_502.html

(this is linked from the download page).