Haddock warnings for unresolved prelude functions

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 20 17:25:50 EDT 2003

> I'm using Haddock 0.5, compiled for GHC 6.0.1, and I get warnings when
> "haddock"ing a simple module:
>
>   Warning: module not found: Prelude
>   Warning: MyModule: the following names could not be resolved:
>       Prelude.[] Bool Eq
>
> I can see what's happening: I'm not passing Prelude.hs to
> Haddock, but I'm
> using pPrelude functions. But I don't want to pass it a Prelude.hs and
> don't want the warnings either. Is there any way to force it to be
> silent about unresolved Prelude functions?

There isn't a way to make it silent, unfortunately (maybe I'll add one).

These warnings are harmless - they just indicate that Haddock couldn't
find the right place to link to for these Prelude types.  If you want to
generate the hyperlinks, then you need the .haddock file for the base
package, which is distributed with GHC, and pass the --read-interface
flag to Haddock (see the docs for details).