state of ghc6 on sparc

Peter Strand d98peter@dtek.chalmers.se
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:34:48 +0200

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 06:09:14PM +0200, Josef Svenningsson wrote:
> The only thing that I don't like is that the dist isn't compiled with
> readline. It makes working in ghci a nightmare (I need to use backspace
> often...).

A nice workaround for programs not supporting readline is to use a
line-editing wrapper such as ledit, which can be found here:

ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/cristal/Daniel.de_Rauglaudre/Tools/

It also has the additional feature that you can save the history
between sessions (which would be a nice addition to ghci..)

/Peter