ghc6.0 and ghc5.04.3 i386 rpms available

Jens Petersen petersen@redhat.com
13 Jun 2003 17:53:57 +0900

Hello,

Recently I have made some further small packaging improvements to the
ghc-6.0 rpms announced earlier.  The latest package is named
ghc6.0-6.0-1 and there is also a ghc5.04.3-5.04.3-2 package (using the
same patch as the ghc-5.04.3-1 package for RHL9 made by Andy Moran). The
ghc5.04.3 and ghc6.0 can be installed in parallel without conflicts,
since I separated out the utils programs into -utils subpackages.  They
are all available from

  http://haskell.org/~petersen/rpms/ghc/

I have tested them both on Red Hat Linux 8.0 and 9.  (The new packages
names are a little long, but this means that when say ghc-6.1 comes out
there won't been a need to generate a ghc6.0 then, but just a ghc6.1
package...)

Please try them and let me know what you think or if you have any
problems.  There is also ChangeLog file in the above directory too, so
that one can easily see what changes have been made between the
different package releases.

Cheers, Jens