ghc-6.0.1 --make -O (linking errors)

Ian Lynagh igloo@earth.li
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:05:42 +0100

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 08:55:01AM +0200, Jan Scheffczyk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently switched to ghc 6.0.1 running on a debian linux box.
>
> When compiling a program using
>   ghc --make -O
> or
>   ghc --make -O2
> I get lots of errors while linking.
> The linker concerns about undefined references to Data.FiniteMap, which I
> frequently use.

If you are not already using them then you could try the debs from the
Haskell Experimental repository. Both stable and unstable debs are
available (unfortunately they are awaiting manual intervention before
going into the Debian archive as there are a couple of new package
names):

deb http://www.syntaxpolice.org/haskell-experimental/ stable/
deb http://www.syntaxpolice.org/haskell-experimental/ unstable/

If these suffer from the same problem then please let me know, and if
possible give me some sources that show it.

Thanks
Ian