GHC 6.0.1 build on Mac OS X

Wolfgang Thaller wolfgang.thaller@gmx.net
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:52:16 +0200

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I had a good compile of 6.0.1 from Thursday's cvs on Mac OS X 10.2.6.
> I did a stage 2 build using your 6.0 package, then installed 6.0.1 and
> rebuilt everything. I ran but a few test programs (mostly some
> networking
> stuff I've been playing with); superficially it all works.

Good... if anything acts strangely, just yell.

> A minor issue: ghc advertises itself as version 6.1, ghci as 6.0.1.
> Which is
> correct?

When you say "6.01" from cvs, you are probably referring to the STABLE
branch of the CVS. The stable branch will be released as "GHC 6.0.1" in
a few days.
My copy reports 6.0.1 throughout, where does it say 6.1?

On the other hand, the HEAD branch of the CVS will be released as GHC
6.2 in a few months (?); in the meantime, it should advertise itself as
GHC 6.1.

Cheers,

Wolfgang