Newbie building GHC

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:28:31 +0100

| I have been trying to build GHC, but the ghc.exe that gets built for
| ghc-inplace always exits with "Error 1". It *can* print its version
| number and the help, but building anything fails. The build fails
| making Adjustor.o from Adjustor.c.

I have seen something like this myself.  I can't honestly remember
exactly what the cause was, but it was something deeply obscure to do
with not having reconfigured enough.=20

The safe thing to do is to check out an entirely new, virgin, tree;
reconfigure from scratch (on win32 don't forget the --with-gcc=3D part;
see the build notes); and then make.

Time consuming, but faster than head scratching.

Simon