meta-haskell-branch

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:21:30 +0100

On Friday I merged the meta-haskell branch onto the HEAD.  So abandon
the meta-haskell branch, and use the HEAD instead.  (cvs up -A)

As to the configure thing, you first need to run configure in the GHC
directory.
See Section 7.4 of the building guide

http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/ghc/docs/latest/html/building/sec-building-fr
om-source.html

Simon

|=20
| Hi
| I am trying to compile the meta-haskell-branch of ghc from cvs. I get
the
| following error messages. Please help me with some hints.
|=20
| Thanks,
| Saswat
|=20
| # when I do ./configure in fptools directory, It ends with the
following
| error:
|=20
| configuring in ghc
| running /bin/sh
| ./configure  --prefix=3D/root/fptools/prefix
--cache-file=3D.././config.cache --
| srcdir=3D.
| ./configure: ./configure: No such file or directory
| configure: error: ./configure failed for ghc
|=20
| # when I went ahead to do ./make in fptools dir, it dies with:
|=20
| echo '#!/bin/sh' >>ghc-inplace
| echo exec /root/fptools/ghc/compiler/ghc-5.05 '-B/root/fptools'
| '"$@"'>>ghc-inplace
| chmod 755 ghc-inplace

| =3D=3Dfptools=3D=3D make all -wr;
|  in /root/fptools/ghc/rts

| ../../ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace -optc-O -optc-Wall -optc-W
-optc-Wstrict-prot
| otypes -optc-Wmissing-prototypes -optc-Wmissing-declarations
-optc-Winline -
| optc-Waggregate-return -optc-Wbad-function-cast -optc-I../includes
-optc-I.
| -optc-Iparallel -optc-DCOMPILING_RTS -optc-fomit-frame-pointer -ldl
-O2 -sta
| tic    -c Adjustor.c -o Adjustor.o
| make[2]: *** [Adjustor.o] Error 1
| make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
| make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/fptools/ghc'
| make: *** [all] Error 1
|=20
|=20
|=20