Build problem under cygwin

David Duke D.Duke@bath.ac.uk
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 09:59:20 +0000

I'm trying to build ghc 5.02.2 under cygwin (2.125.2.10), using gcc
rather than an existing Haskell compiler.  I'm running with gnu make
version 3.79.1

I configured with --prefix=D:/haskell/ghc (where I've installed the
package), and --enable-win32-dlls.

The make process is failing (ultimately) because the genprimopcode
command is being invoked before (apparently) it has been compiled.
Looking back through the trace, the makefile in genprimcode is running,
but then failing: should this not have terminated the entire build?

syslib text -O    -c Main.hs -o Main.o
syslib: not found
make[3]: [Main.o] Error 127 (ignored)
o genprimopcode -syslib text -O       Main.o
o: not found
make[3]: [genprimopcode] Error 127 (ignored)
M -optdep-f -optdep.depend  -osuf o    -syslib text -O Main.hs
M: not found
make[3]: [depend] Error 127 (ignored)

Somehow, it looks like the "syslib" compiler option is being incorrectly
intrpreted as a make command.   Looking further into the make result, a
number of other commands are also failing with an ignored error 127, e.g.

==fptools== make boot - --unix - --no-print-directory -r;
  in /cygdrive/d/haskell/ghc/ghc/utils/hsc2hs
M -optdep-f -optdep.depend  -osuf o    -package util -cpp -O Config.hs
KludgedSy
stem.hs Main.hs Config.hs
M: not found
make[3]: [depend] Error 127 (ignored)

Again, it looks somehow that a command issued from a makefile is being
truncated.

I would be grateful for any comments or suggestions.

	thanks,
	David Duke

--
Dr. David Duke                        Email: D.Duke@bath.ac.uk