Updating the net package

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:40:26 +0100

> 	The CVS web interface shows all the revisions for me...
>=20
> 	=3D20
> =09
> http://cvs.haskell.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/fptools/hslibs/net/A
> ttic/SocketPrim.hsc

> I wasn't going into Attic. I went into Network!

This is another CVS oddity.  If a file isn't present on the HEAD, then
it lives in the Attic. =20

The file libraries/network/Network/Socket.hsc was copied from
hslibs/net/SocketPrim.hsc at some point after the 5.02 branch, so
looking at the revision history for that file won't give you the history
for the original file (for the CVS-savvy: we don't do "repository
copies" in GHC).

> I ran ./configure and got an error. Here's the end of the output:

> running /bin/sh ./configure  --cache-file=3D.././config.cache =
--srcdir=3D.
> ./configure: ./configure: No such file or directory
> configure: error: ./configure failed for ghc

You need to run autoconf in fptools/ghc too.=20