Hardware STG?

MR K P SCHUPKE k.schupke@ic.ac.uk
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:32:14 +0100

Hi,
    I am looking into starting a project on special hardware to run
haskell - (or perhapse any
lazy functional hardware)... If I go ahead the project will result in an
open VHDL implementation.  I would like to ask a couple of questions.

    Is there any point in doing this as the STG-machine is designed to
make running haskell
        efficient on standard hardware?

    is TCode and the byte code used by GHCi the same?

    finally, does anyone know of any implementations that have already
been attempted,
        and how successful were they? Any general comments on how
worthwhile this might
        be?

    Regards,
    Keean Schupke
    Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering,
    Imperial College London.