ghc-5.02.2-i386-unknown-linux.tar.bz2

Byron Hale byron.hale@einfo.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:58:06 -0700

At 11:40 AM 4/8/2002 +0100, you wrote:

> > I downloaded and installed ghc-5.02.2-i386-unknown-linux.tar.bz2 on my
> > RedHat Linux 6.2 box (because RPM won't install the relevant RPMs).
> > However, when I run "ghci," I get  the message ... "GHC ...
> > 5.02.1" ...
> >
> > What do you think is happening here?
>
>What do you get from 'ghc --version'?

It came from the haskell.org download page.  Version 5.02.1 was previously
installed, as Serge Mechveliani inquired. I installed it as
the super-user at the root of the file system.

Perhaps I should now consider Version 5.02.3, but the problem may
recur. I got this version of RHL from RH over the Web and finally
realize that I need to register with RH for support. That is the ultimate
solution, but there may be a delay in executing it. It is at least worth
understanding.

Thanks,

Byron Hale
byron.hale@einfo.com