Uninstall warning...

Andre W B Furtado awfurtado@uol.com.br
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 02:10:15 -0200

I had GHC-4.08.1 installed in my computer (which runs under a Windows98
platform), and then I decided to install GHC-5.00.2 (this was its latest
version at that time). It is said that GHC-5.00.2 can co-exist with other
versions of GHC under a Windows platform, because it does not use cygwin
anymore.

At this point, everything was ok. But when I uninstalled GHC-5.00.2 (in
order to install GHC-5.02), a lot of DLL files were removed from the "bin"
directory of GHC-4.08.1 (ex.: HSlang.dll). I don't have any idea why this
happened, but a lot of my programs that were compiled with GHC-4.08.1 became
impossible to run. I had to recover the DLLs from a backup...

Is this a uninstall bug?
(ps: installing GHC-5.02 didn't bring my old DLLs back).

-- Andre