Dumb Windows Question

Steinitz, Dominic J Dominic.J.Steinitz@BritishAirways.com
15 Oct 2001 08:47:47 Z

How do I actually use ghc in Windows (98)? When I installed Hugs, my .hs files got associated with Hugs and if I left-click on a .hs file I have various options to run with.

So do I open a DOS box and invoke ghc or ghci? If so how, what do I have to change to get the path to point to ghc? I tried autoexec.bat but this seemed to have no effect.

Also, how do I tell ghci where to find packages?

C:\Program Files\Glasgow Haskell Compiler\ghc-5.02\bin>ghci -package lang
C:\PROGRA~1\GLASGO~1\GHC-5.02\BIN\GHC.EXE: no input files
Usage: For basic information, try the `--help' option.

I did look through the documentation. If I missed the relevant sections, perhaps someone could point me at them.

Many thanks, Dominic.

To receive our special fares directly by email, register at http://www.britishairways.com/registration