FORTRAN and HASKELL

heron_carvalho heron_carvalho@bol.com.br
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:48:52 -0200

Hello GHC users,

We want to reuse FORTRAN libraries within Haskell code.
How can we use FFI
to implement this interface directly ? We know that we
can use C to
implement it indirectly with FFI, but how can we do this
directly ? Any
suggestion ?

Thanks,
Heron de Carvalho

> --- clusterpoli <clusterpoli@bol.com.br> wrote:
> > Somebody works with together FORTRAN and Haskell.
Exists
> > some funcao to transform codigo FORTRAN into codigo
> > HASKELL?
>
> TXL might help, but it's its own functional language.
> It can probably convert FORTRAN to Haskell given the
> EBNF for each language, but I'm not sure how it
works...

http://www.research.avayalabs.com/user/wadler/realworld/l
s2000.html
> http://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/misc/txl/
>
> Otherwise, I would look at what algorithm the FORTRAN
is
> implementing, the either write it in Haskell, or look
for it

http://www.cs.chalmers.se/pub/haskell/library/

http://www.cs.chalmers.se/pub/haskell/library/bevan/index