ANN: C->Haskell 0.8.1

Manuel M. T. Chakravarty chak@cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:07:01 +1100

qrczak@knm.org.pl (Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk) wrote,

> Sun, 11 Feb 2001 23:20:07 +1100, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty <chak@cse.unsw.edu.au> pisze:
>
> > I am pleased to announce the availability of version 0.8.1
> > of the interface generator C->Haskell.
>
> Wow!
>
> A problem: c2hs/gen/CInfo.lhs imports class Storable from module
> C2HSConfig, which does not export it.
>
> Also, the compilation fails (on ghc-4.11):
> /usr/local/bin/ghc -c -syslib lang -syslib posix -O -recomp -fno-warn-incomplete-patterns  -i. -fglasgow-exts   C2HSMarsh.hs
>
> C2HSMarsh.hs:43:
>     Bad interface file: ./Ptr.hi
>         does not exist
>
> and similarly for other files. This is because there exists Ptr.hs
> in this directory - but it should not be taken from there, because
> the right version is in ghc's own libraries.

This is very strange, because I have tested this and it
worked for me.  In fact, if you look at the Makefile in the
c2hs/lib/ directory, then you will see that the `depend'
target moves these troublesome files into a subdirectory
before compilation (called ghc411hackdir).

Is it possible that you used the same build tree to compile
with 4.08 first and then re-compile with 4.11?  This won't
work, because of the hack mentioned above.

In fact, I think, this is a bug in ghc 4.11 - I have filled
it as bug #131631 in the bug tracker.

Cheers,
Manuel