GHC-4.08.2

Reuben Thomas rrt1001@cam.ac.uk
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:27:11 +0000 (GMT)

> Malcolm Wallace <Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk> wrote,
>
> > > The original haskell.org site seems ok, just mirror.ac.uk is broken.
> >
> > Oops, retract that.  The RedHat 6 packages all seem to be 4.08.1, not
> > the advertised 4.08.2.
>
> There shouldn't be any links to RedHat 6 packages.

We're providing the links for 4.08.1 since that's all we have, and a lot of
people still seem to use RH6.

> packages for it.  If you have a RedHat 6.x box with an older
> version of GHC already installed, just run
>
>   rpm --rebuild ghc-4.08.2-1.src.rpm

This will only work if you install RPM 4, no? I couldn't find a way to make
RPM 4 produce v3 RPMs, either. But never mind, I installed RPM 4, installed
the source RPM, downgraded again to RPM 3, and am now building RH 6 RPMs,
which I'll make available.

One problem I had: the spec file doesn't have a dependency on the jade
package, but it needs it for some DSSSL files without which the docs won't
build.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | RSA, n.  safety in numbers