New InstallShield for Windows, plus mingwin fix

Reuben Thomas rrt@dcs.gla.ac.uk
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:35:51 +0100 (BST)

I have uploaded a new GHC InstallShield for Windows that fixes many recent
problems (including most of the problems with GHC that Mike Thomas reported
in his list of instructions for building H/Direct).

Unless the Cygwin team have acted with unwonted rapidity (which, at the time
of writing, they hadn't), you'll also need to download our version of the
mingwin package (or get the relevant bits from SourceForge). Our zip can
simply be unpacked over an installed Cygwin tree to give you mingwin headers
and libraries that really work.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | certain, a.  insufficiently analysed