Socket.hs problem under Windows 2000

Martijn martijn@cs.uu.nl
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:40:18 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to set up some socket connections with Haskell on a Windows 2000
platform, but I can't seem to get them working.

My program is rather simple:
--
import Socket

main = do { socket <- listenOn (PortNumber 1234)
           ; return ()
           }
--

I know this shouldn't do anything at all, but instead it gives an error
message:

Fail: does not exist
Action: getProtocolByName
Reason: no such protocol entry

I get the same message for any socket operation I try to perform. Also a
basic call like getHostName from module BSD does not work. I've compiled
with ghc version 4.05 with option "-syslib misc"

Should I compile differently, is this a problem with CygWin, or am I
overlooking something?

TIA,
Martijn Schrage