[ghc-steering-committee] Welcome to new members

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Thu May 16 08:44:21 UTC 2024

Actually, it turns out that there currently *are* no proposals under
review or pending shepherd recommendation! I should have checked before

There is one now, as you'll have seen.

But this situation is a bit unusual.  We have had up to eight in play
recently but we made a determined (and successful) effort to get them
decided.  Authors deserve a reasonably prompt response.

We have an *obligation *to attend to proposals that are submitted to the
committee,  but an *invitation *to contribute to those under development
<https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+no%3Alabel>.
Early feedback to authors is valuable.  E.g. Gergo is actively working on this
one. <https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/652>

Simon