[ghc-steering-committee] GHC2024 voting

Vladislav Zavialov vlad.z.4096 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 17:29:05 UTC 2024

I'm a huge fan of BlockArguments in limited doses. There are some good
idioms with them, e.g.

1. bracket createResource destroyResource \resource -> do

2. when cond do

3. for elems \elem -> do

Adding the `$` to those examples is just syntactic noise. It's quite clear
what's going on without it.

I know some people found ways to abuse BlockArguments, e.g. by prefixing
each function argument with a `do`, and I'm not a fan of that. But with
some sense of taste it's possible to put BlockArguments to good use.

Vlad