[ghc-steering-committee] GHC2024 tally

Adam Gundry adam at well-typed.com
Fri Jan 5 11:38:47 UTC 2024

Thanks Joachim! I'm (unsurprisingly) happy with the result, and I agree
that we should complete the process and go ahead with defining GHC2024
in time for 9.10, even if #628 leads to a bigger shake-up in the future.

Cheers,

Adam

On 05/01/2024 11:00, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Dear committee,
>

> with all votes in (thanks!), the following extensions made quorum to
> form GHC2024:
>
>      DataKinds
>      DerivingStrategies
>      DisambiguateRecordFields
>      ExplicitNamespaces
>      GADTs (and the implied MonoLocalBinds)
>      LambdaCase
>      RoleAnnotations
>
> See the full tally in the proposal:
> https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/blob/joachim/ghc2024/proposals/0000-ghc2024.rst#3tally
>
> Any final thoughts?
>
> Should we hold off accepting that in light of #628 (I don’t hope so).

Adam Gundry, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, https://www.well-typed.com/

Registered in England & Wales, OC335890
27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX, England