[ghc-steering-committee] GHC2024 voting

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:48:26 UTC 2024

Greetings from an old member!

I am curious why folks are voting against BlockArguments?   These days it
and ImportQualifiedPost are the two extensions I turn on in pretty much any
new project.

Is the thinking that it it will be removed in the future? That would be
very unfortunate, as I use it a lot, and the change would affect a lot of
code.  If not, are folks concerned about some sort of error it might cause?

I see zero benefit in having to write BlockArguments in the extension field
of my Cabal file, but it's also not that onerous, so not a big deal, just
curious.

Happy new year!
Iavor