[ghc-steering-committee] Please review #641: Wildcard binders in type declarations

Vladislav Zavialov vlad.z.4096 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 16:17:27 UTC 2024

That's exactly right. We are not choosing between change / no change, we
are choosing between three possible changes:

1. Current proposal: only add support for @_
2. Amendment sans recursion (if revised): add support for @_, @(_ :: k), _,
and (_ :: k)
3. Amendment with recursion: add support for arbitrary combinations of @,

It's going to be breaking in all three scenarios, unless we come up with a
compatibility layer using pattern synonyms as Adam suggests (I have not
investigated the feasibility of that).

Vlad