[ghc-steering-committee] GHC2024 committee deliberation

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Thu Nov 23 04:33:42 UTC 2023

Joachim,

Gathering some data might be a good idea, provided the secretary is banned from doing this! (I mean it is really, really bad idea to load up the secretary with these kinds of activities.)

I am not in favour of polling. We collect that kind of data in the survey -- can we not use that?

Advertising the ghc-proposal issue in the usual places should be sufficient. Otherwise I fear we would be inviting problems and poor decisions.

Chris