[ghc-steering-committee] GHC2024 committee deliberation

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Nov 22 14:42:50 UTC 2023

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, dem 22.11.2023 um 14:47 +0100 schrieb Arnaud Spiwack:
> Someone also proposed BlockArguments in the thread, but it hasn't
> found a champion to add it to the proposal (I won't be this champion,
> I find myself quite unable to argue for or against it).

actually, I like that one, and just put it on the tally. Having worked
with languages that already have it (lean) I appreciate its de-noising
effect on syntax.

> This'd bring us to 59 of the ~130 extensions. Almost halfway there!
> (considering that some are deprecated or mere aliases, it's actually
> rather better than it looks).

Now is there a way to `git rebase -i` our collective minds so that
instead of 59 extensions, we have 4 language editions? :)

> Maybe I should add QualifiedDo, too. I like QualifiedDo, and I don't
> envision any change to it. Any thoughts on this one?

Feels a bit too new to me, I haven’t seen it in action enough (but I
also haven’t been looking).

  mail at joachim-breitner.de