[ghc-steering-committee] GHC2024 committee deliberation

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Nov 22 09:41:10 UTC 2023

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, dem 22.11.2023 um 08:36 +0100 schrieb Arnaud Spiwack:
> Joachim: you didn't opine on default type signatures.

ups, scrolled past it.

My gut feeling about that extension is that it feels relatively ad-hoc
and specialized. Just look at the long list of “Detailed requirements
for default type signatures” that go along with it! I’m hesitant to put
into the curriculum of “contemporary Haskell”. We’ll see.

> By the way, is it you kicking off the deliberation?

I tried to kick it off already with the email from Nov 6, but yes, I am
also writing my thoughts to stir more discussion. I hope we can start
voting in two weeks.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de