[ghc-steering-committee] GHC stability

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 11:46:31 UTC 2023

Dear Jose, GHC Steering Group, and HF Stability Group

There has been quite a lot of recent discussion about actions we could take
to promote GHC stability.  In an effort to gather these threads together I
have written

*GHC Staibility State of Play*
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sX_rXHx8Mj3Kae9GalR2BwZ5-xzl7UpnpMBwl4dqsWY/edit?usp=sharing>

It articulates the Big Goal, and some discussions that are going on around
it.

Jose, I think that the Big Goal could be a helpful focus for HF.   I'm not
sure which of the strands is highest priority (causes most friction for
users) so HF's guidance about that would be helpful.

It would be great to move some of this forward.