[ghc-steering-committee] GHC2024 voting

Richard Eisenberg lists at richarde.dev
Mon Dec 18 02:54:24 UTC 2023

> On Dec 8, 2023, at 12:54 PM, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:
>
> * [X ] DataKinds
> * [X ] DefaultSignatures
> * [X ] DerivingStrategies
> * [X ] DisambiguateRecordFields
> * [X ] ExplicitNamespaces
> * [X ] GADTs with MonoLocalBinds
> * [X ] GADTs without MonoLocalBinds
> * [X ] LambdaCase
> * [X ] RoleAnnotations
> * [X ] TypeData
> * [X ] TypeFamilies
> * [X ] BlockArguments

Rationale: These are all stable extensions. With the exception of MonoLocalBinds, none of these affect any existing programs. And for MonoLocalBinds, we've been traveling in the direction of it for a long time -- let's arrive. My understanding is that this change won't affect any package whose cabal file declares a default-language. If that's wrong, then I withdraw the suggestion; I would not want this to be backward-incompatible with released packages.