[ghc-steering-committee] GHC Steering Committee Status

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:34:16 UTC 2022

Thank you Joachim for keeping us in touch.

*Everyone*: it's important that we respond to authors in a timely manner
(days or weeks, definitely not months), otherwise the process begins to
feel tiresome and bureaucratic -- and it's disrespectful to our proposal
authors.

Shepherds, your active intervention is critical.  Group responsibilities
fall down the cracks, which is why we need a shepherd for each proposal to
make sure it keeps moving.  If you don't feel able to serve, it's better to
step down.  But it's not very onerous and it's probably just a question of
getting this small task onto your front burner!

So, if you are a shepherd in the list below, please could you find time to
move it along?   It's ok to bounce it back to the author for specified
revisions and resubmission.  Not so OK for it simply to languish.

Thank you!

Simon