[ghc-steering-committee] Please review #540: parallelism semaphores, Shepherd: Adam

Adam Gundry adam at well-typed.com
Wed Nov 9 21:04:58 UTC 2022

Hi,

On 08/11/2022 12:49, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Dear Committee,
>
> parallelism semaphores
> have been proposed by Douglas Wilson, Sam Derbyshire, Matthew Pickering
>
> https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/540
>
> https://github.com/sheaf/ghc-proposals/blob/jsem/proposals/0540-jsem.rst
>
> I suggest Adam shepherds this proposal.

I'm not sure if we have explicit guidelines regarding conflicts of
interest (should we?), but I think I should declare a conflict in this
case. The authors of this proposal work for Well-Typed and have proposed
and implemented this feature on behalf of a client, which might give the
impression of potential bias.

I am happy to take the advice of the committee on how to handle this
situation. While I don't think I need to recuse myself from discussion
of the proposal completely, it seems like it would be better for it to
be shepherded by someone else?

Cheers,

Adam

--
Adam Gundry, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, https://www.well-typed.com/

Registered in England & Wales, OC335890
27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX, England