[ghc-steering-committee] #475: New tuple and list syntax, rec: accept

Richard Eisenberg lists at richarde.dev
Tue Feb 15 20:49:23 UTC 2022

I propose we do not worry about 77-tuples. :)

> On Feb 10, 2022, at 11:35 AM, Spiwack, Arnaud <arnaud.spiwack at tweag.io> wrote:
> This feature, while cheap, is not free. Is the improvement worth it? I find myself doubting that Haskellers not named Richard or Vlad will start writing `f (Tuple [a, b, c])` in order to avoid writing `f (type (a, b, c))`

But what about `f (Tuple [HList [Int], Bool])`? The alternative, `f (type (HList [Int], Bool))` has a kind error: HList is expecting a list of types, not a Type. Of course, I could use a ' to get around that kind error, but that's what we're trying to get away from.

Richard