[ghc-steering-committee] Please review #517: Require implementors before proposal submission, Shepherd: Simon PJ

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Aug 24 10:41:44 UTC 2022

Hi,

Am Dienstag, dem 23.08.2022 um 14:01 -0400 schrieb Eric Seidel:
>  Perhaps rather than requiring an implementor to volunteer, we should
> lean more on groups like the Haskell Foundation to *fund the
> implementation of proposals*?

isn’t that the same thing? If the Haskell Foundation (or someone else)
says “we’ll fund all accepted proposal”, then my proposed requirement
would be vacuously satisfied.

Personally, though, I prefer if this committee does not also have to
worry about resource allocation for the HF…

Nor do I think that the HF should fund “random good ideas” – there will
always be more good ideas than resources to implement them.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de