[ghc-steering-committee] Local module proposal on hiatus

Spiwack, Arnaud arnaud.spiwack at tweag.io
Mon Nov 22 07:45:55 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Richard has decided to stop working on the local module proposal [
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/283#issuecomment-974382367
].

Just as I was about to say that we ought to accept it unless a strong
opposition was voiced within the next two weeks. What's left to do, as far
as anyone can tell, is address two minor technical points (there may be
other corner cases that have been missed: it's an ambitious proposal after
all; but it's looking like it's standing on firm ground).

I've stated previously that I care a lot about this proposal.
Unfortunately, I currently don't have time to take care of the proposal
myself. I may revisit this decision in 2022 (which, fortunately, is rather
soon), depending on how my schedule changes. But until then, unless someone
steps up, I'll mark the proposal as dormant.

Best,
Arnaud