[ghc-steering-committee] #351: NoIncomplete, rec: accept

Vitaly Bragilevsky bravit111 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 12:32:52 UTC 2021

Dear Committee,

We have been discussing the NoIncomplete pragma proposal by John Ericson
for quite a long time. I think it's ready for acceptance.

The proposal itself: https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/351
The rendered version:
https://github.com/Ericson2314/ghc-proposals/blob/no-sugared-incompleteness/proposals/0000-no-incomplete.rst

The proposal aims to introduce the NoIncomplete pragma that would prohibit
programs which have a source of incompleteness (in patterns, in methods) in
them. There is also the new -fdefer-incompleteness-errors flag.

I think this feature comes quite handy in education. I'd use it all the
time with my students.

Please comment here or in the GitHub thread if you see any problems with
this proposal.

Vitaly