[ghc-steering-committee] GHC Steering Committee Status

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon May 17 06:48:41 UTC 2021

Dear Committee,

are are keeping up a healthy pace, it seems, so time another status update.

So here’s the delta since April 5th.

 * we were asked to review these proposals:

   #415: OPAQUE pragma (Shepherd: Tom)
   #412: splice imports (Shepherd: Vladislav)
   #392: Clarify modifiers design principle (Shepherd: Alejandro)
   #351: NoIncomplete (back from revision, Shepherd: Iavor)
   #302: Lambda expressions with guards and multiple clauses (back from revision, Shepherd: Cale)

 * we have a recommendation from the shepherd about:

   #402: Stable GADT syntax (back from revision, accept)
   #378: support the design for dependent types (accept)
   #371: Stop treating ~ magically (back from revision, weak accept)
   #415: OPAQUE pragma (accept)
   #392: Clarify modifiers design principle (recommendation: acceptance)

 * we have sent the following proposals back to revision

   -none-

 * we decided about the following proposals

   #402: Stable GADT syntax (accept)
   #371: Stop treating ~ magically (accept)
   #415: OPAQUE pragma (accept)

We currently have to act on the following 8 proposals, up by 2.

## Waiting for committee decision

#378: Support ergonomic dependent types, Shepherd: Simon PJ
      Recommendation is to accept, a few people have voiced
      their opinion, but Simon rightfully asked for more.

#392: Clarify modifiers design principle (Shepherd: Alejandro)
      One comment only so far, please add more.

## Waiting for Shepherd action

#283: Local modules, Shepherd: Arnaud
      Waiting for recommendation.
      No action since a while. Arnaud, can you pick this up?

#302: Lambda expressions with guards and multiple clauses, Shepherd: Cale
      This is back from revision, ready to be picked up.

#351: NoIncomplete, Shepherd: Iavor
      This is back from revision, ready to be picked up.

#400: Constrained COMPLETE sets, Shepherd: Cale
      Waiting for recommendation.
      No action since three months. Cale, can you drive this forward?

#409: Exportable named defaults, Shepherd: Eric
      Waiting for recommendation.
      No action since two months. Eric, any recommendation so far?

#412: splice imports (Shepherd: Vladislav)
      Waiting for recommendation.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de