[ghc-steering-committee] Expiring members: Simons, Iavor, Richard, Me

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sat Jan 23 09:39:56 UTC 2021

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 22.01.2021, 15:49 +0100 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> With three expiring members we are down to 7 active members (less if
> one of the Simons does not want to stay on). This means a call for
> nominations is triggered now. I think I’ll send it out on the weekend.
> The text of the previous was this:
> https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2019-December/025880.html
> Let me know if you want me to use a different text.

oh, I just noticed that this doesn't make sense: We do the voting and
deliberations in private, because those voted upon should not see that
discussion. But we will possibly be voting on re-admitting Iavor,
Richard and me. It doesn’t then make sense for the three of us to take
part in voting, nor for me to run the vote!

We should probably clarify the bylaws on that point: Do expiring
members take part in the nomination process?

Anyways, it looks like someone else needs to run this nomination round.
(i.e. send out the call for nomiations, collect the nominations, send
them in private mail to all active members, collect the votes, and
announce the result). Any volunteer?

  mail at joachim-breitner.de