[ghc-steering-committee] #380 GHC2021: merged!

Alejandro Serrano Mena trupill at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 18:27:47 UTC 2021

On 18 Jan 2021 at 17:15:32, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>
wrote:

> Am Montag, den 18.01.2021, 15:48 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton Jones via
> ghc-steering-committee:
>
> Otherwise OK.
>

> In time to celebrate SPJs's birthday, we have come to a conclusion what
> “GHC2021” should be. Thanks everybody!

Happy birthday, Simon! Thanks everybody, I’ve learnt a lot in these two
months, and I am super-happy with the result :)

> With 9.0 already in the RC stage, I assume we will have missed that.
> It’ll be up to the GHC devs to decide if adding this in a point release
> is ok (and so can use this in 9.0.1), or if we’ll wait for 9.2.

Who should be in charge of contacting them? It would be awesome if it could
make it into 9.0.2 as some kind of “preliminary feature”.
I guess Cabal should also be updated to have “default-language” updated.

Alejandro