[ghc-steering-committee] Please review "Visible 'forall' in types of terms" #281

Alejandro Serrano Mena trupill at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 17:09:43 UTC 2020

Hi all,
For me, there are two main concerns here:

   1. This could be split on different proposals: (1) using the “forall a
   ->” syntax, (2) conflating the type and term syntax and namespaces, (3)
   introducing checking and inference for it;
   2. I find the claim that you can just take the Quick Look
   Impredicativity paper, make a couple of adjustments, and get correct
   checking and inference. This kind of big change is the one for which I
   would actually expect a peer-reviewed paper.

Regards,
Alejandro