[ghc-steering-committee] GHC 20xx process

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Wed Nov 4 14:39:35 UTC 2020

As the proponent for Alternative 2: the main goal of Alternative 2 is to create an organized place for debating individual extensions. In a perfect world, I'd prefer Alternative 1, for its simplicity. However, I have a hard time believing we'll get through this process without significant debate, and I worry that Alternative 1 provides no organization for that debate, and so it will end up sprawling over other discussions.

I'm not wedded to any details in Alternative 2, just advocating for some imposed organization.

Thanks,
Richard