[ghc-steering-committee] Please review again: Make Q (TExp a) into a newtype #195

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Thu May 14 15:28:41 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am the shepherd for #195, about a small change to TH, to wrap `Q (TExp
a)` into a newtype.  This would be quite handy for a variety of reasons
described in the proposal and the comments on the proposal thread:

https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/195

During the last discussion we requested the proposal to be modified to
clarify some points.  Matt has done that, so it is time for another
review.  The previous discussion thread is here:

https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-steering-committee/2019-November/001260.html

I still think this is a good idea, and recommend acceptance.   Since we've
already discussed this once, I'll assume acceptance in about a week, if I
don't hear from anyone, although I'll wait until at least Simon PJ and
Richard confirm that the issues they raised last time have been addressed.

-Iavor