[ghc-steering-committee] Bang patterns: 343

Tom Harding tomjharding at live.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 08:19:15 UTC 2020

Seconded, and very keen on the idea of collective synonyms as a more lightweight alternative to regularly-updated language specifications.

Cheers,
Tom

On 28 Jul 2020, at 09:13, Alejandro Serrano Mena <trupill at gmail.com<mailto:trupill at gmail.com>> wrote:

I agree with the rejection. My main concern, as shared by others in the thread, is why this specific extension and not others.

I am really looking forward to the addition of synonyms for a bunch of extensions. Personally, I would love to see a way to enable every "additive" extension (I am thinking of MultiParamTypeClasses + FlexibleThings + ViewAndBangPatterns + ...). I would be happy to help with setting up the process.

Regards,
Alejandro