[ghc-steering-committee] #370: Syntax for Modifiers, Recommendation: Acceptance

Spiwack, Arnaud arnaud.spiwack at tweag.io
Thu Dec 10 08:05:52 UTC 2020

That was the point of my previous email: accept, and accept-as-experimental
are actually one and the same.

What Simon is driving at, I think, is: depending on what the proposal is
about, we want to apply more or less strict standard of acceptance (if a
proposal is about fixing something in an existing feature, then we better
be rather sure that it is indeed an improvement; but if it's about adding
something new in an untrodden territory, then we can't really be sure, and
it's worth experimenting with).