[ghc-steering-committee] #370: Syntax for Modifiers, Recommendation: Acceptance

Alejandro Serrano Mena trupill at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 20:17:49 UTC 2020

 Dear all,
As the shepherd of this proposal, I’m quite confused about what the outcome
should be. The ghc-proposals README states that:

Acceptance of the proposal implies that the implementation will be accepted
> into GHC provided it is well-engineered, well-documented, and does not
> complicate the code-base too much.

Most of the Committee seems to lean towards “this seems OK right now, but
we don’t want to be locked” or “mark this as experimental”. However,
there’s no such notion as “accept as experimental”. Furthermore, as it
stands the proposal gives some syntax, and then asks any new extensions to
use that syntax; so it cannot be completely thought as a feature by itself.

Regards,
Alejandro