[ghc-steering-committee] #380 GHC2021: Current status

Spiwack, Arnaud arnaud.spiwack at tweag.io
Fri Dec 4 08:31:24 UTC 2020

>    arnaud
>    would miss:
>    Arrows, ExplicitNamespaces, ForeignFunctionInterface,
>    FunctionalDependencies, GADTs, MonadFailDesugaring, MonoLocalBinds,
>    PartialTypeSignatures, StarIsType, TypeFamilyDependencies

Of these 10 extensions. Let me note that
- ForeignFunctionInterface is part of Haskell 2010
- MonadFailDesugaring is the current default of GHC
- MonoLocalBinds is implied by TypeFamilies, which is otherwise included

So I assume that these are things which we've forgotten, rather than things
that we oppose.