[ghc-steering-committee] #380 GHC2021: Current status

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:20:46 UTC 2020

Hello,

Joachim, would the voting system get a lot more complicated if we added a
bit of ranked voting (e.g., instead of no,maybe,yes) we went (-2: strong
reject, -1: reject, 0: don't care, 1: accept, 2: strong accept)?   At least
in my votes, I have a few extensions that I certainly feel strong about,
and for some of them I just picked something but I don't really care either
way, and I don't think that's captured in the votes.  Let me know if that's
OK, and I'll find some time to update my votes.

Also, I've been busy with work, so when there are a bunch of e-mails like
today (which is fun!), it is hard to keep up with what people have said
about the many threads going on.  If we adopt the haddock like commenting
system, would it be possible to scrape the e-mails and auto generate a
summary of what people have said for various things?  This could also help
with a final document where we not only pick the extensions, but also have
some provenance about what people thought about the various extensions.

-Iavor